Timberland Announces Partnership to Build Leather Supply Chain From Regenerative Ranches
Other Half Processing SBC is committed to business that is ethical and respectful of the animals and the people that raise them.
* Through regenerative grazing practices, ranchers and farmers are able to manage their cattle in a way that mimics the natural movement of herd animals
* Timberland is improving its capabilities to ensure hides are sourced from acceptable locations
* Timberland has partnered with Other Half Processing to build a responsible leather supply chain sourced from ranches that employ regenerative practices.
* During the pilot, Timberland will source traceable hides from regeneratively-grazed cattle in the US for select footwear and accessory collections set to release in autumn 2020.
* Ranchers and farmers who use regenerative grazing practices manage their cattle in a way that mimics the natural movement of herd animals.
* This allows more rest and re-growth of grasses, which can lead to better food for livestock and healthier soil.
* In theory, this makes the land more productive with greater resistance to both drought and heavy rain.
Resources: Retail Gazette ,UK ;Luxury Brands /Taylor Wessing newsletter